Last updated: March 1st 2019
Welcome to CityZenGuide !
Thanks for using our products and services (“Services”). The Services are provided by CityZenGuide, a private limited liability company established in France, and registered at the Paris Chamber of Commerce under number 840 082 515.
1. Terms of service
These Terms of service (“Terms”) govern the access or use by you, an individual, from within any country in the world, of websites, applications, content, products, and services (the “Services”) made available by CityZenGuide.
By using or accessing CityzenGuide’s Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
Please read them carefully, as they contain important information regarding your legal rights and obligations.
Failure to use the Services in accordance with these Terms may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
Because CityZenGuide provides a wide range of Services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific product, or service.
2. The Services
CityZenGuide provides an online platform that enables registered tour guides to list local activities for travelers seeking to experience such activities.
The Services are accessible at www.cityzenguide.com and any other websites through which cityzenguide makes the Services available (collectively, the “Site”) and any related applications (the “Application”).
THE SERVICES COMPRISE AN ONLINE PLATFORM THROUGH WHICH REGISTERED TOUR GUIDES MAY CREATE LISTINGS FOR ACTIVITIES AND TRAVELERS MAY BOOK ACTIVITIES DIRECTLY WITH THE TOUR GUIDES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT CITYZENGUIDE IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENTS ENTERED INTO BETWEEN TOUR GUIDES AND TRAVELERS, NOR IS CITIZENGUIDE A TRAVEL AGENT OR INSURER. CITYZENGUIDE HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CONDUCT OF TOUR GUIDES, TRAVELERS AND OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
As we are constantly improving our Services, we may modify the Site, Application or Services or amend these Terms, including the Service Fees, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on the Site or via the Application and/or provide you notice of the modification by email.
Changes to the Terms will be effective at the time of posting. Your continued access or use of the Site, Application or Services will constitute acceptance of the modified Terms.
4. Key terms
“Activity” means a qualified local visit, creative, outdoor, meal, wellness, or other local activity offered by a Tour Guide through the Services, either as a single experience (which takes place on a single day) or as an immersive experience (which takes place over multiple days).
“Registered Tour Guide” means an eligible Member who meet the necessary requirements to work as a professional guide and who makes an activity available for booking via the Services.
“Traveler” means a Member who books an activity via the Services.
“Member” means a person who completes CityZenGuide’s account registration process, including but not limited to Tour Guides and Travelers.
"Listing" means an activity that is created, submitted, listed or otherwise made available by a tour guide for booking via the Services.
“Booking” means a purchased order of activity offered by a Tour Guide and placed by a Traveler through the CityZenGuide Website in advance.
“Content” means text, graphics, images, music, software (excluding the Application), audio, video, information or other materials.
“CityZenGuide Content” means all Content that CityZenGuide makes available through the Site, Application, Services, or its related promotional campaigns and official social media channels, including any Content licensed from a third party, but excluding Member Content.
“Member Content” means all Content that a Member posts, uploads, publishes, submits, transmits, or includes in their Listing, Member profile or CityZenGuide promotional campaign to be made available through the Site, Application or Services.
The Services are intended solely for persons who are 18 or older. Any access to or use of the Services by anyone under 18 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Services you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older.
6. Relationship of the Parties
IF YOU CHOOSE TO CREATE A LISTING ON CITYZENGUIDE, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH CITYZENGUIDE IS LIMITED TO BEING A MEMBER AND AN INDEPENDENT, THIRD-PARTY CONTRACTOR, AND NOT AN EMPLOYEE, AGENT, JOINT VENTURER OR PARTNER OF CITYZENGUIDE FOR ANY REASON, AND YOU ACT EXCLUSIVELY ON YOUR OWN BEHALF AND FOR YOUR OWN BENEFIT, AND NOT ON BEHALF OF OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF CITYZENGUIDE.
CITYZENGUIDE SHALL NOT CONTROL, AND HAS NO RIGHT TO CONTROL, YOUR LISTING OR ACTIVITIES, or any details in connection with any Listing or Activity.
You acknowledge and agree that you alone are responsible for any Listing you submit or post, for your Experience, and for any offline activities associated with your Listing.
When Travelers and Tour Guide make, receive, or accept a booking through the Services, they are entering into a contract directly with each other. CityZenGuide is not a party to any transactions between the two parties.
Tour Guides alone are responsible for the Activities they submit, List and provide. CityZenGuide merely provides the Services and is not itself an operator or provider of tours, activities or travel services.
CityZenGuide does not own, sell, resell, furnish, provide, manage and/or control any such Experiences. CityZenGuide’s responsibilities are limited to making the Services available through its Site and Application.
AS A MEMBER YOU AGREE NOT TO DO ANYTHING TO CREATE A FALSE IMPRESSION THAT YOU ARE ENDORSED BY, PARTNERING WITH, OR ACTING ON BEHALF OF OR FOR THE BENEFIT OF CITYZENGUIDE, INCLUDING BY INAPPROPRIATELY USING ANY CITYZENGUIDE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
Last updated: March 1st, 2019
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to provide you with our services, we collect certain information from you when you register and interact with our website. The information we gather falls into two categories: information you actively provide, and information we collect through your use of our services.
1.1 Information You Provide
- User profile: When you register or update your CityZenGuide account, we require certain information. This may include your first name, last name, username, email address, password, user type, phone number, address, profile picture, payment or banking information.
- Identity verification information: To help create and maintain a trusted community, we may collect identity verification information, such as images of your tourist guide identification, government issued ID, passport, driving license, or other authentication information as permitted by applicable laws.
- Additional Profile Information: You may choose to provide additional information as part of your profile, including but not limited to: gender, preferred language(s), preferred currency, address, personal description. Some of this information are indicated in your account settings as part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible to others.
- Listing Information: To create a listing on CityZenGuide, we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Payment Information: We do not collect credit card information. Purchases are all handled for us by third parties stores. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of such app stores and we rely on their security measures which we believe are among the most secure available.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact CityZenGuide, provide ratings or communicate with other members. We collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.2 Information created when you use our services
This may include:
- Location information: Depending on the services that you use, or device permissions, we may collect your location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- Device information: We mau collect device information such as unique device identifiers, wireless service provider or mobile carrier, operating system information, IP address, browser type and language.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies: We may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to provide, understand, personalize, maintain and optimize our services.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Create and maintain a trusted and safer community
- Help you to find and connect with your friends, including inviting them to use our services
- Provide customer service
- Test, research, analyse and improve our services
- Comply with our legal obligations
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are extremely careful with the information you provide, and we will not share it except as described below:
3.1 Sharing with other users
When you list an activity or book an experience, the information required to complete the transaction will be shared between the tour guide and the traveler.
When hosting an experience, your details will only be shared with travelers you have accepted and who have paid for an experience with you.
3.2 Service providers and other third parties
We will share your information with service providers and other third parties who are working with us to perform functions and process user data on our behalf. Service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes. Some of these service providers and other third parties, such as analytics providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use our services. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
CityZenGuide does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
3.3 Other sharing
We will also share your information:
- When you give us your consent to do so
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so, or to comply with the law or legal processes
- And in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights with respect to CityZenGuide's handling of your personal information:
- Access and update some of your information through your account settings
- Request an explanation of the information that CityZenGuide has about you and how we use that information
- Request correction of your information
- Delete or request deletion of your account at any time
CityZenGuide retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your CityZenGuide account.
5. USER PREFERENCES
We don’t want to fill your inbox with undesirable messages, but we do like to email you from time to time, specifically to tell you about information we think you might enjoy. You can, however, tell us to stop emailing you whenever you wish.
Our settings allow you to adjust your communication preferences
6. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
7. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this policy, please email us at email@example.com