Last updated: March 1st, 2019
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In order to provide you with our services, we collect certain information from you when you register and interact with our website. The information we gather falls into two categories: information you actively provide, and information we collect through your use of our services.
1.1 Information You Provide
- User profile: When you register or update your CityZenGuide account, we require certain information. This may include your first name, last name, username, email address, password, user type, phone number, address, profile picture, payment or banking information.
- Identity verification information: To help create and maintain a trusted community, we may collect identity verification information, such as images of your tourist guide identification, government issued ID, passport, driving license, or other authentication information as permitted by applicable laws.
- Additional Profile Information: You may choose to provide additional information as part of your profile, including but not limited to: gender, preferred language(s), preferred currency, address, personal description. Some of this information are indicated in your account settings as part of your public profile page and will be publicly visible to others.
- Listing Information: To create a listing on CityZenGuide, we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number, and a profile picture.
- Payment Information: We do not collect credit card information. Purchases are all handled for us by third parties stores. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of such app stores and we rely on their security measures which we believe are among the most secure available.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact CityZenGuide, provide ratings or communicate with other members. We collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
1.2 Information created when you use our services
This may include:
- Location information: Depending on the services that you use, or device permissions, we may collect your location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- Device information: We mau collect device information such as unique device identifiers, wireless service provider or mobile carrier, operating system information, IP address, browser type and language.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies: We may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies. Cookies are small files that your browser places on your computer. We may use session cookies, persistent cookies, and other tracking technologies to better understand how you interact with our services, to monitor usage by our users and web traffic routing on our services. Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. You can instruct your browser, by editing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies from the websites you visit.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect to provide, understand, personalize, maintain and optimize our services.
We also use the information we collect to:
- Create and maintain a trusted and safer community
- Help you to find and connect with your friends, including inviting them to use our services
- Provide customer service
- Test, research, analyse and improve our services
- Comply with our legal obligations
3. HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We are extremely careful with the information you provide, and we will not share it except as described below:
3.1 Sharing with other users
When you list an activity or book an experience, the information required to complete the transaction will be shared between the tour guide and the traveler.
When hosting an experience, your details will only be shared with travelers you have accepted and who have paid for an experience with you.
3.2 Service providers and other third parties
We will share your information with service providers and other third parties who are working with us to perform functions and process user data on our behalf. Service providers have access to your personal information only to perform services on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose it or use it for any other purposes. Some of these service providers and other third parties, such as analytics providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services when you use our services. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
CityZenGuide does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
3.3 Other sharing
We will also share your information:
- When you give us your consent to do so
- When we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so, or to comply with the law or legal processes
- And in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personal information may be disclosed or transferred as one of our business assets.
4. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights with respect to CityZenGuide's handling of your personal information:
- Access and update some of your information through your account settings
- Request an explanation of the information that CityZenGuide has about you and how we use that information
- Request correction of your information
- Delete or request deletion of your account at any time
CityZenGuide retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your CityZenGuide account.
5. USER PREFERENCES
We don’t want to fill your inbox with undesirable messages, but we do like to email you from time to time, specifically to tell you about information we think you might enjoy. You can, however, tell us to stop emailing you whenever you wish.
Our settings allow you to adjust your communication preferences
6. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
7. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this policy, please email us at email@example.com